Campus Mail Services strives to provide courteous and efficient campus mail distribution and the most knowledgeable and cost effective preparation of outgoing mail. Mail Services also provides post office services to faculty and staff on the campus and serves as a liaison with the U.S. Postal Service.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The main functions of Mail Services are:
- To pick up, sort, and deliver incoming mail from the U.S. Postal Service.
- To collect and distribute intra-campus mail.
- To meter and deliver campus outgoing mail to the U.S. Post Office.
- To validate and transport bulk mailings.
- Incoming mail pick up from the U.S. Post Office is at 8:30 a.m.
- Academic and Administrative Department deliveries are made in the morning.
- Dormitory intra-campus deliveries are done in the afternoon.
- Outgoing mail is taken to the U.S. Post Office at 3:00 p.m.
All intra-campus and metered outgoing mail processed by the State University of New York at Fredonia mail room must relate to the business of the university. Due to Federal Private Express Statutes, the university mail service cannot process or distribute mailings intended for commercial, personal, or private gain, or for advertising for organizations or individuals not affiliated with the State University of New York at Fredonia.