THE EMPLOYEE'S ROLE
Internal control is dependent upon people, and is most effective when all employees work in compliance with governing policies. The policies that each employee is expected to know and comply with include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfilling the duties and responsibilities established in his or her job description.
- Meeting performance standards where applicable.
- Attending education and training programs to achieve awareness and understanding of internal control standards.
- Taking all reasonable steps to safeguard assets against waste, loss, unauthorized use, and misappropriation.
- Prohibiting the use of his or her official position to secure unwarranted privileges. When in doubt, ask your administrative supervisor to review the matter.
Most of the above policies are found in the Public Officers' Law, Performance Programs, Job Descriptions, and Policies of the Board of Trustees. If you need a copy of any of these documents, they may be obtained from the Human Resources Office, 5th floor Maytum Hall, ext. 3434.
In addition to the policies listed, employees are expected to know and comply with university policies applicable to all university employees. The policies include, but are not limited to:
- Campus Smoking Policy - Word | PDF
- Cash Control Standards
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Consensual Relations Policy
- Know Your Vendor Policy
- Lost or Abandoned Property - Word | PDF
- Maintaining a Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Sexual Harassment
- Traffic and Parking Regulations
These policies also include the college program for compliance with the New York State Public Employees Safety and Health Act, the Hazard Communication Standard, and the Regulated Medical Waste Act. You may review these policies at the following websites: